Credible, effective skills are in more demand by highly informed buyers and sellers in the current real estate market. As a real estate sales person, you are expected to bring increased knowledge, credibility and experience to the point of sale. If you’re ready to climb a few steps on the real estate ladder to success and continually meet your clients needs, it may be time to upgrade from your real estate registration certificate to a full real estate licence.
Before upgrading to the full real estate licence, you will need to know if you have completed and gained your current real estate registration licence under the previous PRDRE (before 2009) or the existing CPP model (after 2009).
If you gained your real estate registration certificate before 2009 under the PRDPE model, you would have completed the following four units of competency, as stated on your statement of attainment:
- PRDRE13A – Obtain property listings
- PRDRE15A – Undertake property sale by private treaty
- PRDRE18A – Lease Property
- PRDRE39A – Prepare and execute documentation
You will need to update these units to the seven units below under the CPP training package:
If your statement of attainment that you receive from completing your registration course has the below seven units, you will need to provide your statement of attainment to REAA so we can credit the units for you on your enrolment.
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease Property
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of a property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
If you have already completed and gained your Queensland registration licence, or if you are currently working in the real estate industry and wish to upgrade to the full real estate license, enabling you to own and operate a real estate agency, visit www.reaa.com.au/real-estate-licence-qld/