Assistant Agent Course (Online)
This course allows you to apply to the NSW Office of Fair Trading to be an Assistant Agent in Real Estate – Sales and Leasing. This is the requirement to work in the industry in NSW and be employed and supervised under a Licensee in Charge (Class 1 Agent) and perform real estate sales, leasing and stock and station (livestock only) functions including
- acting as an agent to negotiate with a person to enter into, or to accept an offer relating to a real estate transaction or a contract for a real estate transaction
- introduce a prospective purchaser, lessee or licensee of land to another licensed agent or owner
- acting as an agent to collect rents payable or provide property management services
As an Assistant Agent, you are able to secure new clients however, only a Class 2 or Class 1 Agent can sign and bind the agency to an agreement.
As part of this course, you will have access to 5 units of competency, taken from CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
A certificate as an Assistant Agent is a one-off certificate issued for a period of 4 years. At this point, all Assistant Agents are required to upgrade to a Class 2 Licence within this 4-year period by completing a Certificate IV in Real Estate Practices.
When completing this course, REAA will provide you with learning guides, additional resources as well as direct contact with our trainers via email in the student platform.
Before you Enrol…
To complete an REAA course transparently, you will need:
- a Laptop, Mac or Windows computers are both compatible
- Adobe Reader (latest version currently Adobe Reader 11) and Microsoft Word
- internet access to complete the course via the online learning platform
Once you enrol into a course with REAA, you will receive a confirmation email as well as an additional email with your login details for access to the student platform.
Note: All students are required to provide REAA with the Unique Student Identifier (USI). You can apply for this at www.usi.gov.au and we will ask you to provide this number before you are granted access to your course.
REAA recommends an average of 8-10 hours to complete each unit of competency (5 in total) delivered in the course. Please note, these hours are based on REAA’s past course completions and this time will vary from student to student. You have up to 6 months to complete the course. The course consists of assessment tasks, questions and video role plays.
All units of competency and course content are recognised by the NSW Office of Fair Trading.
Upon the successful completion of your real estate training and assessments, your assessments will be marked by REAA’s assessing team and when deemed satisfactory in all assessments, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SoA) from REAA. Following this, you attach a copy of your SoA to your Certificate of Registration/ Assistant Agent application form and submit this to NSW Office of Fair Trading. Once this has been done, NSW Office of Fair Trading will evaluate your eligibility against their criteria and will issue your Certificate of Registration.
Why Choose REAA?
REAA is a specialised training centre for the real estate industry. REAA provides self-paced learning for you to get into the real estate industry as a real estate salesperson or property manager. The use of an online learning platform allows the flexibility you need and you can complete the course at your own pace, at any time of the day you like.
- Lectures 5
- Per Module: 6 - 8 hours
- Language English
- CPPREP4003 – Access and interpret legislation in real estate
- CPPREP4002 – Access and interpret ethical practice in real estate
- CPPREP4001 – Prepare for professional practice in real estate
- CPPREP4004 – Establish marketing and communication profiles in real estate
- CPPREP4005 – Prepare to work with real estate trust accounts